Thursday

First Post - What it's all about.

Why am I going to the effort of writing a blog? Simply because I care about the Christian Church. In fact, I would say that I have a heart for the Church - a passion, even.

The problem is that when I look at the Church in the West and compare it with the New Testament, I am disappointed. I have therefore set myself the task of looking at the Church, and writing here about what I discover.

I plan to share thoughts, insights, observations and discoveries. I aim to ask difficult questions where necessary. I will be challenging, provocative, and maybe even controversial at times.

How can we recover the Church of the New Testament? Do we need to? What is the Church for, anyway? How can I lose my disappointment?

My intention is not only to discover the Church for myself, but also, hopefully, to inspire others.

No comments: